- This event has passed.
Joe Fernandez at The Laughing Tap
October 2, 2020 @ 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm CDT
Milwaukee’s Home for Comedy is excited to present Joe Fernandez!
Joe Fernandez is a half-Cuban half-Irish (or Cubish) comedian and actor. Growing up in Texas he had an affinity for the sport of baseball and dreamed of one day playing for the Houston Astros (Sans using cameras to help his career.) When his body didn’t grow up with his dreams, he moved to the performing arts where muscles aren’t necessary. At Marquette University, Joe received the Chris Farley Scholarship for his positive use of creativity and humor. After moving to Chicago, Joe rapidly became one of the most beloved comics in the scene, peppering his stand-up pursuits with stints on improv teams at world-renowned iO and the Playground Theaters. Over the past 10 years, Joe has morphed smart and stupid into his own unique brand of silly– but layered–comedy. He’s taken his off-stage persona of intolerable presence and morphed it into his on-stage persona of lovable jerk. He satirizes serious subjects through absurdity and is facetious to a fault.
Joe has performed at numerous comedy festivals including TBS Just For Laughs, the Boston Comedy Festival, the Memphis Comedy Festival, Chicago Sketchfest, and was a finalist for the Andy Kaufman Award. Joe is a regular at many Chicago comedy institutions, including Zanies, Laugh Factory, Comedians You Should Know, and Paper Machete. He’s opened for some of the biggest names in comedy like Dave Attell, Jon Lovitz, Natasha Leggero and Harland Williams. Has he also appeared in a Cracker Barrel commercial and an episode of Chicago Med where he improvised yelling at Oliver Platt? Yes he has. If you’re not in the same town Joe is performing in, you can catch him on his improvised character podcast “30 Characters.” Also keep an eye out for his debut comedy album “I’m Ugly” which will be coming out this summer.
Tickets are $20 and only available online.
Doors open at 7pm / show at 7:30pm
COVID-19 Guidelines & Precautions:
– Face masks must be worn at all times while at The Laughing Tap.
– All guests must maintain a distance of 6 feet from individuals not in your party.
– Soap & hot water are available in the restrooms for thorough hand-washing. Hand sanitizer is also available at the box office, bar & by request.
– Credit & debit cards encouraged.
– If tickets are available at the door, only credit or debit cards will be accepted at the box office.
– If you are feeling sick or are awaiting the results of a COVID screening, please stay home.
– Failure to comply with these policies will result in denied entrance and/or being asked to leave the club. No refund will be given if tickets have been purchased.
About The Laughing Tap:
Milwaukee’s Home for Comedy!
Opened in January 2020 by Milwaukee Comedy LLC, the state’s #1 independent comedy show producers (The Milwaukee Comedy Festival, Keg Stand Up, Blue Ribbon Comedy Show, Subjective: A Comedic Showing, A Dandy Comedy Show, and more!). The Laughing Tap presents the best in national, regional and local comedy!
A full bar, featuring Milwaukee and Wisconsin Beers on Tap. Cash and Card accepted. NO DRINK MINIMUMS!
Conveniently located on 5th Street in Walker’s Point. Street Parking available.
laughingtap.com – @thelaughingtap – #laughingtapmke
The Laughing Tap
706 B S. 5th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53204