- This event has passed.
Sean Patton at The Laughing Tap
July 16, 2021 @ 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm CDT
The hilarious Sean Patton (Conan, Maron, Comedy Central) headlines Milwaukee’s Home for Comedy – in-person and live streaming!
Sean Patton is a comedian based in Los Angeles and New York, by way of New Orleans. He began doing stand-up in the Crescent City and have since performed in comedy clubs across the US and Canada, as well as The Melbourne International Comedy Festival (2011, 2018), Just for Laughs Chicago (2013), Just for Laughs Toronto (2013), and Just for Laughs Montreal (2008, 2010, 2012, 2016, 2018). He’s performed on Comedy Central’s Live at Gotham (2009), Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (2010), and Conan (2011, 2013). 2013 also marked the release of his Comedy Central Half Hour. More recently, He’s been on @midnight (2014, 2015), The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail (2015), This Is Not Happening (2015, 2017, 2019), Showtime’s Live from SXSW (2017), TruTv’s Comedy Knockout (2016, 2017, 2018), and This week at the Comedy Cellar (2018, 2019). As for acting, He’s appeared on IFC’S Maron, Comedy Central’s Inside Amy Schumer and TruTV’s Those who can’t.
In 2019 he and co host Caitlin Cook launched their podcast 5 Words on the All Things Comedy network.
“I’ve seen him perform more than a dozen sets, and he’s killed every time. He’s dynamite, even with ordinary material, turning standard Brooklyn hipster jokes into a stomping, roaring tour de force, and elevating a bit about sex-performance anxiety into high-stakes comedy. […] He’s the rare comic who goes over as well in a comedy club as in a bar basement.” – New York Times
“ …a deceptively mesmeric talent, I found myself watching rapt between fits of eruptive laughter.” – The Scotsman
“There’s a lot of talk in comedy circles about club acts as opposed to festival ones – reliable joke-machines who can tame the rowdiest rooms compared to the artier, slower-burn types with stories and ideas that demand and reward attention. Well, in Sean Patton you get both… he’s the sort of comedian who puts the ‘art’ in ‘fart’.” – Chortle
Tickets are $20 in person with limited seating or Live Stream for only $10!
Friday – 8pm show/ 7pm doors
Saturday – 8pm show/ 7pm doors & 10:15 show/ 9:50 doors
Live stream details! If you purchase the Live Stream the day of the show, the link will be included in your order confirmation email. Otherwise, it will be emailed to you ONE HOUR BEFORE SHOWTIME . The camera will be on a few minutes early so you can get comfy!
Having issues watching the show? Please try re-starting your browser and reload the page FIRST before contacting us.
Covid-19 Guidelines UPDATE (6/1/21):
– Face masks are optional but not required for those fully vaccinated. Face masks and coverings are STRONGLY recommended for those who have chosen not to get vaccinated.
– Masks are welcome if you still prefer to wear one!
– Soap & hot water are available in the restrooms for thorough hand-washing. Hand sanitizer is also available at the box office, bar & by request.
– The venue will continue to clean and sanitize before every show – pandemic or not!
– If you are feeling sick or are awaiting the results of a COVID screening, please stay home.
– Failure to comply with these policies will result in denied entrance and/or being asked to leave the venue. No refund will be given if tickets have been purchased.